One of the critical items that is most important as a business owner is consistency. What does this mean? Create a routine and systems so you optimize what you do and how you do it.
Personal routine: For me this is not only my health but my schedule at work
- I walk daily during the week before I get ready for work. This requires me to get up earlier and go through my morning routine.
- My schedule at work is set so that I rarely schedule appointments on Mondays and Fridays. I make rare exceptions at times but that’s my general weekly flow.
- Since doing 75 Hard, I’ve been a bit more intentional about meal prepping during the week or at least bringing something to work to eat so I’m not tempted to run out and get something less healthy.
- Earlier this year, we implemented Monday so we can more easily manage the workflow of our clients and I can see the big picture of what is happening in the company.
- I Release a podcast weekly since I started 18 weeks ago
- I’m intentional about scheduling guests for my podcast
- Team meeting on Tuesdays
- My assistant has created specific processes for several of our larger clients
These are some of the examples of the consistency that has been incorporated into my personal and professional worlds; it is needed to be an entrepreneur. The more systematized your company becomes, the easier, it is to replicate success as you grow. If a system isn’t working as well due to your growth then review and update it.
We all want to be successful as business owners. Each of us defines that success in different ways but the road to that success through consistency is similar. Create your personal routine that will help you be on top of your game for your business! Slowly build those systems for your company; as you grow, you will need them.
Resources for Entrepreneurs and Business Owners
If you are considering starting a business or in the early stages of entrepreneurship but aren’t quite sure what your next steps might be, set up a 30-minute complimentary discovery call with me. Check out our podcast and video pages on DreamPlanStartGrow.com for additional resources for someone considering starting a business, someone having started a business or someone who has been in business. I believe we learn from many types of people and I interview some amazing entrepreneurs on how they got their start. Within that, each person shares some great tips that they have learned along the way.